Welcome to the Canadian Media Producers Association (CMPA), Canada's national trade association for independent producers.
The CMPA represents Canadian film, television and digital media production companies producing content in all genres and on multiple platforms. We work on their behalf to promote and stimulate the Canadian independent production sector. Our members are always at the heart of who we are and what we do. The CMPA's goal is to support our members' creative and commercial success.
The CMPA offers many benefits and services to our members.
- The CMPA's team of experts lobby and advocate on key industry issues year-round. They also offer free business support, and guidance to member companies and their employees on Terms of Trade, international activity and business affairs.
- The CMPA's Industrial Relations (IR) team negotiates labour agreements with industry unions and guilds and support producers when dealing with these agreements. CMPA members receive significant savings under these agreements, which reduce the labour costs associated with production.
- Together with industry partners, the CMPA manages a number of mentorship programs that match young producers with experienced members. These programs provide cost savings to members and contribute to developing the producers of the future.
- CMPA members are kept informed about key industry activities, including policy changes, funding, international business, member news and other relevant initiatives through our regular member updates delivered directly to their inboxes.
- In addition, the CMPA offers member discounts for industry events, travel expenses, publications, professional development, and health and dental coverage.
- CMPA members contribute to the industry's success by participating in our many committees and by sitting on our Board of Directors.
We invite you to join us and we look forward to hearing from you.
"I have been a CMPA member for over ten years and a BC Branch and national board member for about as long because I believe in the organization. Producers need a voice in the industry that is united, and I believe that the CMPA is that voice as it advocates on producers' behalf to industry and government. I'm passionate about the industry and believe in being engaged in my profession on every level."
– Trish Dolman, Founder and president of Screen Siren Pictures Inc. (Vancouver, BC)
Director, Member Services & Special Events
1-613-690-0900 / 1-800-656-7440 x329